Christmas Lights

Village News


1828 | Angarrack Culver House

A culver house is recorded at Angarrack in 1828


HER Number:31958
Name:ANGARRACK - Post Medieval dovecote


The site of dovecote.  read more »

1837 | Angarrack incline - The Hayle Railway

1728 | Mellanvrane Mine


HER Number:31868
Name:MELLANVRANE - Post Medieval mine


Mellanvrane is mentioned in 1728, although Pascoe appears to have confused the location of this mine with Mellenoweth.  read more »

1851 | Angarrack Viaduct - Timber Brunel

Page 189 | The Life of Isambard Kingdom Brunel, Civil Engineer  By Isambard Brunel

Isambard Kingdom Brunel built the original Angarrack viaduct from timberin 1851

viap 189

The Life of Isambard Kingdom Brunel, Civil Engineer  read more »

1837 | Railway - Carn Brea to Angarrack opened 23 December 1837 | Hayle Railway

Hayle Railway opened 1837


The section from Carn Brea to Angarrack dates back to the Hayle Railway, opened on 23 December 1837

1672 | Angarrack Stamping Mill

1672 | Angarrack Stamping Mill


HER Number:31842
Name:ANGARRACK - Post Medieval stamping mill


The site of a stamping mill which had a datestone of 1672, is recorded at Angarrack.  read more »

1834 | Angarrack Methodist Chapel


HER Number:31841
Name:ANGARRACK - Post Medieval nonconformist chapel


A Methodist chapel , dated 1834 is recorded on the 1840 Phillack Tithe Map. It was extant in 1976 when the Phillack Parish Checklist was compiled.  read more »

1846 | Angarrack incline - West Cornwall Railway takes over from The Hayle Railway

The West Cornwall Railway takes over Hayle Railway

via  read more »

Syndicate content