Christmas Lights

Village News

History

1791 | About one mile East of the copper-works is the village of Angarrack | The Universal British Directory, Camborne

About one mile East of the copper-works is the village of Angarrack, and seat of William Tremayne, Gent. who is a proprietor of the smelting-houses in that place, where they smelt great quantities of black tin, and refine it into white. The same village is also the residence of Matthew Tremayne, Gent. (F.) About one mile to the South of Angarrack is Nanpuscah, the residence of Francis Thomas, Gent. (F.) The Rev. William Hocking is rector both of Phillack and Gwithian.

via The Universal British Directory, Camborne


 read more »

1880 | There is a report current that the smelting-works at Angarrack will shortly cease operations, but all hope that it is a r


"There is a report current that the smelting-works at Angarrack will shortly cease operations, but all hope that it is a rumour.”
(27 February 1880 – Royal Cornwall Gazette)

1817 | Angarrack ... where there is a tin smelting house | The gazetteer of the county of Cornwall

Angarrack a village in the parish of Phjllack Hayle where there is a tin smelting house


via The gazetteer of the county of Cornwall
Printed and published by and for John Heard, 1817 - Cornwall (England : County) - 210 pages

1895 | TO LET, with early possession, the "ANGARRACK INN" | Apply Ellis and Son, The Brewery

According to 

Cornwall Cornishman Newspaper Archives, Apr 25, 1895, p. 8

https://newspaperarchive.com/cornwall-cornishman-apr-25-1895-p-8/
__ TO LET, with early possession, the “ ANGARRACK INN, ” Angarrack, near Hayle. Incoming moderate and by valuation.—Apply Ellis and Son, The Brewery, ...

 

1934 | A PEACEFUL (ANGARRACK) VALLEY - opportunity of purchasing copies of an artist s proof edition

According to:  read more »

1948 | Anganack Methodist Church was re-opened last week, after renovation

According to:  read more »

1917 | FIRE AT ANGARRACK. SHOP BURNT OUT

According to:  read more »

1725 | Reverberatory furnaces: Chyandour has 4, Ludgvan 2, Treloweth 3, Lelant 3 and six at Angarrack | Kalmeter journal

The Chyandour smelter with its four stacks, one for each furnace (photo courtesy of Morrab Library Photo Archive)

By 1725 the picture has changed dramatically and the details are provided by Henric Kalmeter in his journal. Chyandour now has four reverberatory furnaces having been converted from a blowing houses in 1717. Ludgvan has has two reverberatory furnaces opened in 1724 to replace the old blowing house. Treloweth, at Rose an Grous, has three reverberatory furnaces erected in 1720 and lastly, Trereife has four reverberatory furnaces dating from about 1716. In addition there are now three furnaces at Lelant and six at Angarrack, both of which might well have sent tin to Penzance to be coined. Not only has the technology changed to meet the demands of lode mining but the capacity has increased hugely.  read more »

Syndicate content