Christmas Lights

Village News

250 Years at a Glance | hayle harbour :: regeneration news

250 Years at a Glance

  • 1758 - Cornish Copper Company founded
  • 1779 - John Harvey opens his Foundry
  • 1780 - John The Merchant Curnow estate bought by CCC
  • 1819 - Foundry Quay built
  • 1825 - Hayle St Erth Causeway constructed
  • 1830 - Hearing of dispute between Harvey & Co and CCC in The Hayle Hotel
  • 1834 - Redruth - Hayle Causeway built
  • 1848 - Harvey & Co deliver the Leeghwater
  • 1852 - Original Brunel Viaduct opens
  • 1873 - Harvey acquires Cornish Copper Company
  • 1903 - Foundry closes
  • 1910 - Hayle Power Station opens
  • 1969 - Harvey & Co merge with United Builders Merchants
  • 1972 - Sluicing stops
  • 1975 - Power Station closes
  • 1977 - Harbour closes to Commercial traffic
  • 1982 - Harbour branch line closes
  • 1983 - UBM offer Harbour for sale in 10 lots
  • 1986 - Tekoa who had acquired the Harbour present plans
  • 1987 - Aldersgate Developments acquire Harbour
  • 1988 - Aldersgate plans revealed
  • 1994 - Aldersgate collapse
  • 1996 - Rosshill acquire site
  • 1998 - Rosshill present plans but withdraw amid confusion
  • 2003 - Penwith appraise possibility of Hayle Harbour CPO
  • 2004 - ING acquire site
  • 2008 - ING present plans for Harbour regeneration

Book page

TitleCreated
180701 | Gwinear-Gwithian and Hayle East to replace Hayle South | Boundary Review Update | Local Government Boundary Commission 1 week 4 min agoBook page
W1/09-0173 | Retention of dwelling & construction of additional dwelling Head No(s): 87336 | Adj To Railway Viaduct Riverside La 1 week 3 days agoBook page
180320 | Approved Hayle South Quay plans include homes, restaurant and retail units and footbridge to town - Cornwall Live 2 weeks 6 days agoBook page
180323 | FCBS finally wins go-ahead for revised Cornish quay proposals | News | Architects Journal 2 weeks 6 days agoBook page
180613 | PA18/01645/PREAPP | Historic Building pre-application advice for proposed residential development of approximately 9 ap 3 weeks 1 hour agoBook page
Approved with conditions | PA18/04517 | Construction of extension and entrance porch to existing dwelling - 13 13A Steamers Hill 3 weeks 1 hour agoBook page
1895 | TO LET, with early possession, the "ANGARRACK INN" | Apply Ellis and Son, The Brewery 3 weeks 1 day agoBook page
1948 | Angarrack Puts Out Its Flags Angarrack was en fete on Saturday for the winding up of its gala festival 3 weeks 1 day agoBook page
1917 | FIRE AT ANGARRACK. SHOP BURNT OUT 3 weeks 1 day agoBook page
1934 | A PEACEFUL (ANGARRACK) VALLEY - opportunity of purchasing copies of an artist s proof edition 3 weeks 1 day agoBook page
1948 | Anganack Methodist Church was re-opened last week, after renovation 3 weeks 1 day agoBook page
1926 | The drab surroundings of much of the village life at this season of the year were relieved last Thursday by a tea and ent 3 weeks 1 day agoBook page

tags for 250 Years at a Glance | hayle harbour :: regeneration news